Join the United Methodist Association of Communicators
All United Methodist communicators can benefit from the relationships developed through the United Methodist Association of Communicators (UMAC), whether serving on staff at a general agency, district, or conference; working for a related institution or ministry; working or volunteering at a local church, volunteering time on a conference commission or attending school.
Within our network we strive to share ideas, learn new ways of communicating, and study best practices. We also aim to stay on top of new technologies and trends. Most importantly, we develop relationships and connections that strengthen your ministry. Through annual gatherings, UMAC members receive support and encouragement, regardless of the context of their individual ministries.
Membership is based on the calendar year, January-December. Membership dues are not pro-rated, but may be paid any time throughout the year for that calendar year.
Or download a PDF of our membership form and mail it, along with your check, to the address on the form.
- Individual Communicators and Group Rate – A professional communicator who either works for a local church, conference, district, or agency, or who is a member of the United Methodist Church and who works in a communications-related industry. Payment options include $100 for an individual membership, or a $250 group-payment option for a staff of up to four communicators working for the same organization.
- Retired and Part-time Individual Communicators – Individuals retired, or working part-time or as a volunteer communicator for a local church, conference or agency, or serving as a member of a conference communications committee or council. This category includes full-time communications students. Dues are $40 a year.
- Affiliate Member – This category is open to vendors, contractors, event sponsors and non-United Methodist affiliated organizations. Dues are $50 a year.
- Students Member – Individuals who are in college or taking Course of Study or seminary courses. Dues are $25 a year.
- Volunteer members – Individuals who are serving as volunteers in local churches or for a conference or agency. Dues are $25 a year.
Please note that only members are eligible for nominations for our annual awards.